ZEN journey has been driven by cooking spirit and unique tasting selection to fulfill consumers'dynamic desires with epicurean and creative symmetry. ZEN Corporation Group offers variety of experts who love and care to invent happiness through inspiring menu.
Zen Group, established for over 27 years, operates 13 leading Thai and Japanese restaurant brands with more than 240 outlets. Our current success has been a result of outlets expansion both domestic and international and our future intention is to become a global foodservice industry leader.
- The Group established a joint venture company under the name of “Gin Dee Yudee 2020 Company Limited” on February 18, 2020, with a registered capital of 30.0 million baht, in which the Group holds 25% stake through Zen & Spicy Co., Ltd. to faster and more efficiently expand the restaurants under the Khiang brand in 14 southern provinces
- ZRH reduced its registered capital of 225.0 million baht from 300.0 million baht, resulting in the remaining registered capital of 75.0 million baht
- March 2019, expanding ZEN Box in order to respond to the rushing consumer behavior with the food concept of Grab and Go focusing on healthy foods for good health in an urgent lifestyle. The menu mainly consists of various fish and fresh vegetables such as Maki Wrap, salads and various Onigiri.
The extraordinary meeting of ZCG 1/2018 on has approved the following:
- Conversion to a public company limited under ZEN Corporation Group (PLC)
- Change the share value from 10.0 Baht to 1.0 Baht per share.
- Increase the company's registered capital to 159,375,000.0 Baht comprising of 159,375.00.0 ordinary shares at THB1.0 each. The company allocated the ordinary shares as follow:
- Right Offering additional 84,375,000 ordinary shares to existing shareholders. The company has settled additional ordinary shares as of and
- Offering 75,000,000 new ordinary shares to public as its Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- After the ordinary share offering, the company's total registered capital would be 300,000,000.0 Baht, divided to 300,000,000 ordinary shares at THB1.0 each.
- The company bought 2 outlets of Sushi Cyu Jpanaese premium restaurant brand to expand its capacity to fulfill premium customers' demand and operated under GGG.
The shareholders of the 2 Sushi Cyu restaurants signed an agreement that they would not operate the same or similar business, which is deemed a competitor of Sushi Cyu, within 5 years of the contract signing date.
- The company revised the Japanese menu and presented Musha by Zen, a small Japanese restaurant, under ZRH's umbrella to reach low to middle class income customers and to increase channels and agilities for its franchise business.
- The company added other restaurant related businesses to reach more consumers as well as enhance channels for profit-making such as food delivery, catering, restaurant management and restaurant consultancy service for restaurants that would like to standardize their restaurant management system or recover from difficult business complications and food retail business that offers Ready-to-Cook and Ready-to-Eat food at the restaurant outlets.
- ZCG increased 5.6 million Baht in registered capital comprising of 562,000 ordinary shares at THB10.0 each. The total registered capital became 140.6 million Baht as a part to purchase Tummour Thai restaurant brand.
- To cover more customers segments and diversify business risks as well as penetrate in franchise business, the company purchased Tummour brand, a leading Northeastern Thai food (E-sarn). The brand consists of Tummour, Lao Yuan, Pho, Jaew Hon and Granny Chicken Rice, Krua Thai, Teppan and KOUN by acquired all of the ordinary shares of SYN and ZPC from the former shareholders. ZCG has been holding 100.0% of SYN and ZPC.
- The company founded ZSM on 2 December 2015 with 70.0 million Baht registered capital comprising of 700,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each to manage supply chain for the company's restaurants.
- AKF increased its registered capital additional 30.0 million Baht comprising of 300,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each. The total registered capital was 80.0 million Baht to facilitate the business restructure and outlet expansion.
- OTT added 17.0 million Baht to its registered capital comprising of 170,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each. The total registered capital was 25.0 million Baht to facilitate business restructure and outlet expansion.
- The shareholders founded ZCG or the company on with 135.0 million Baht registered capital distributed to 13,500,000 ordinary shares at THB10.0 each to support holding company's operations and the business restructure. ZCG acquired all shares of ZRH, AKF, OTT and GGG from former shareholders. After the restructure, ZCG has held 100.0% of the shares in 4 subsidiaries.
- The company opened the first Tetsu premium grilled restaurant at Central Embassy under GGG.
- AKF additionally increased its registered capital 20.0 million Baht, having 200,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each, which resulted in total registered of 50.0 million Baht to support business restructure and outlet expansion.
- GGG added 18.0 million Baht to its registered capital, having 180,000 oridinary shares at THB100.0 each. Therefore, its registered capital reached 30.0 million Baht to facilitate the business restructure and outlet expansion.
- ZRH increased its registered capital 29.0 million Baht additionally, having 290,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each. Thus, the total registered capital was 30.0 million Baht to support business restructure and outlet expansion.
The shareholders restructured the organization to increase efficiency and business clarity by
- Setting up ZRH on 24 June 2011 with 1.0 million Baht registered capital, divided to 10,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 per share to operate ZEN restaurant brands. ZRH gradually acquired primary assets of all the ZEN brand restaurants.
- Establishing OTT on 15 August 2011 with 8.0 million Baht registered capital, divided to 80,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each to run On the Table restaurant brand. OTT progressively purchased primary assets for of all On the Table restaurant brand.
- Setting up GGG on 26 August 2011 with 12.0 million Baht registered capital, divided to 120,000 ordinary shares at THB100.0 each to manage Japanese premium restaurants. GGG obtained all of the primary assets of the company's Japanese premium restaurant.
- AKF was founded on 30 August 2011 with 30.0 million Baht registered capital, divided to 300,000 ordinary shares of THB100.0 each to run AKA restaurants and gradually obtained all of the AKA primary assets.
- After ZEN's Japanese restaurant's continuous outlets expansion success, the company added variety to the Japanese restaurants offering AKA, Yakiniku - Japanese style grilled restaurant, at Central World, Royal Garden Pattaya and Central Plaza Rama II in 2007.
- In 2009, the company offered the first "Tokyo Café" lifestyle restaurant, On the table, at Central World.
- After the success of the first ZEN Japanese restaurant under ZEN brand, the company aimed to expand continuously and foreseen increasing buying power and consumers' demands for Japanese food in upcountry market. ZEN opened its first provincial outlet at Central Plaza Airport Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai province in 2003.
- The shareholders foreseen the opportunities in premium Japanese restaurant market in Thailand and launched the first Japanese restaurant under ZEN brand in Thonglor, marking ZEN the first Japanese restaurant establishment that targets to deliver authentic Japanese food produced from premium ingredients and service for premium customers.
"to be the popular and trusted food business leader for consumers, business allies and stakeholders."
4 important mission groups are consumers, employees, society & environment and shareholders:
- Consumers : highest customers' satisfaction through unique tasty food produced from quality ingredients and enhanced with great service.
- Employees : corporate culture practice that honors respects and employees engagement. Happy work environment will inspire and yield better life quality for the employees.
- Society and Environment : strict corporate governance observation and sustainable improvement determination the society and environment.
- Shareholders : add values to shareholders with growing and sustaining profit growth.
The company targets to become the leader in food service with the sale target of 10,000 million Baht by 2023.
Nature of Business
The Company operates its business by holding shares in other companies (Holding Company), focusing on investment in Restaurant business and Other related businesses. At present, group business are divided into 3 main groups as follows:
Restaurant business under the company own brands The company operates restaurants and franchises under the company 12 own brands being ZEN, AKA, On the Table, Tetsu, Sushi Cyu, Musha, Tummour, Lao Yuan, Jaew Hon, Pho, De Tummour and Khiang
Franchise business under company own brands The company offers 2 franchise types (1) the company chosen a specific brand and location to the prospect franchisee and (2) the franchisee chosen a specific brand and location proposal to the company for review and approval.
Other relevant business operation Coverages are (1) food delivery business and catering (2) restaurant management and restaurant consultancy service (3) retail food service, which includes Ready-to-Cook and Ready-to-Eat business.
BUSINESS STRENGTHS AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGES
The company's continuous development on the restaurant brands has earned its solid reputation and long-established respect in the industry.
The company offers variety of restaurant brands to cover all consumers' segments, including relevant business expansion to enhance long term growth.
The company has been able to rapidly expand the outlets from utilizing its own investment and franchising, which reduce overall investment risk and produce continuous profit.
The company has ongoing good business relationship with partners and customers.
The company has efficient research, development and new business team.
The company employs experienced executives with food industry background.